LexisNexis® Presents a Complimentary CLE* Accredited Webinar: Data Hosting & Cloud Computing: Benefits and Considerations for Your Firm, Your Practice and Your Clients
Monday, July 23, 2012
2:00 PM -
(Americas) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Electronically Stored Information (ESI) and Cloud Computing are making it easier for law firms and clients to store, share and organize data. It has also made electronic discovery more efficient than ever. However, as with all advances, it brings a new set of legal challenges. Explore the key advantages and critical legal risks involved with cloud computing, as well as how you can turn ESI into increased legal engagements during this free webinar. A panel of experts will discuss best practices for finding and establishing secure storage and how to evaluate internet-based products and services, as well as discuss some contracting models to consider with your vendors and relevant industry standards. Learn about intellectual privacy and corporate asset concerns, as well as jurisdictional issues and cost sharing and confidentiality concerns.
A panel of experts— Allan Huber, LexisNexis; Jason Eckerly, Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Ltd.; Sean d’Albertis, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP; Amy Fiterman, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP; and Karsten Abata, RSA - The security division of EMC—will discuss these topics and more as well as take your questions during this free webinar on July 23, 2012 from 2:00-3:30 PM, ET. Topics will include:
- Misconceptions about electronically stored information (ESI) – What it is and isn't
- The key advantages and critical legal risks involved in cloud computing
- Translating ESI into increased client engagements
- Best practices for finding and establishing secure storage & evaluating internet-based products/services
- The contracting models to consider with vendors, key terms and relevant industry standards
- Moving beyond privacy – intellectual property and corporate asset concerns
- Jurisdictional issues, including export controls for overseas storage facilities
- Cost sharing and confidentiality concerns for you and your client to navigate
Registration is no longer available for this event.